The Sun News
Linda Ikeji

Popular Blogger, Linda Ikeji is pregnant

Lindaikejisblog.com

Did you guys read the title of this post? Should I write it again? Oh God, I can’t breath…lol. So let me say that again…I, Linda Ikeji, is going to be a mum. Somebody please pinch me! Gosh, I can’t get over it.

2018 started with me finding out I was pregnant. When I missed my period and my friend and I did a home pregnancy test and it read positive, my friend began to cry with happiness but I was just there staring at the stick like, you’re not messing with me, are you? This is real and not a joke on me, right? I refused to believe it and asked my friend to drive me to a lab for another test. And there it was confirmed, I was pregnant. Me, Linda, I am going to have my own child. Please don’t wake me up from this lovely dream..lol

So many women have had children, so what’s the big deal, huh? Lol. Well, you see me, I’m somewhat of a different case. There’s something about me that I have never talked about publicly before and that’s the fact that I love children so much (I took that from my dad), and I am particularly obsessed with babies, and I mean that literally. Their pureness, innocence, little beautiful faces, tiny hands and soft cheeks make me just want to be around them.

I grew up in a compound with a lot of neighbours and believe it or not, as a teenager/young woman, I was the unofficial resident babysitter. I swear, ask my siblings. I literally carried all the new born babies born in that compound at a period of time until they grew up to a certain age. Their mums used to come drop the babies at our house whenever they were tired or wanted to go out, this was, of course, to the annoyance of my family…lol.

The first baby I carried was a boy named Makoba (wonder where he is now, this was about 20 years ago, he will be a big boy now). From the first day I carried him, I didn’t want to let him go…so every time I had free time, and his mum hadn’t brought him to me, I would walk two floors up, knock on his family’s door and ask them if they wanted me to take the child off them for a while. I was always happy when they said yes. After him other mums started dropping their kids with me.

Back then my sisters and I used to take turns to cook every day of the week. So whenever it was my turn to cook and I was babysitting and they insisted I go cook, I’d tell my sisters to either hold the baby for me so I could go cook or they go cook. They always chose the latter. Lol.

Then my siblings started having children and I started to feel more joy. These were no longer neighbours’ or friends’ children, these were my nephews and nieces. My family! And carrying them brought me even more joy. Like for example, whenever I see my sister Laura’s son, Ryan, I shriek with happiness. He’s the love of my life…lol. If I was planning to go out and I heard my beautiful nephews and niece were coming over to the house, most times, I change plans and just stay home with them. I’m a homebody, I like to stay home (that’s why I bought a big house…lol).

So now imagine that in a few months, I will look down at a baby, and it won’t be a neighbor’s child, a friend’s child, a sister’s child, but my own child, my own flesh and blood, carried in my womb. My own son. It’s surreal. I can’t get over it.

You guys think DJ Khaled is obsessed with his son, Asahd? Wait until this one gets here. He’s not even here yet and I already ordered a Bentley Mulsanne for us. I swear! Lol. Like, I can’t keep calm. Oh and please, nannies, stay away from me. I’ve got this covered! Thank you. Lol.

Sometimes when I’m lying down and I feel him moving around inside me (he’s so hyper already, constantly moving around…lol), I just get up and cradle my tummy and smile. Lol. I can’t wait for these months to go by so I can meet him. My own son!

Linda Ikeji

Dear son, of every dream I have had, every achievement, every milestone, out of all my accomplishments and titles, all the money and worldly possession I have, nothing compares to you. You are my greatest blessing, my gift from heaven, my greatest dream realized. I love you more than life itself and I can’t wait to meet you and give you so many kisses. And of course, spoil you! You will hear ‘I love you’ loud and clear so many times, you will beg me to stop. I can’t wait to hold you in my arms.

I know I’m going to be the best mum ever! I was born for this and I am finally ready! And now I want to do more, achieve more, so lil man will be proud of his mama.

Considering how much I love children, sometimes I wonder why I didn’t have them earlier. But like my dad said, miracles like this finally happen when God is ready to share you.

Anyway, as you all know, I’ve always shared every milestone, every good thing that’s happened to me over the years with you guys and I definitely wanted to also share this joy with you. I’ve been wanting to scream about this since I found out many months ago but my family and friends have been telling me to ‘calm down Linda, calm down’…lol. I’m now way into my second trimester, so I guess it’s okay to share my joy.

Linda Ikeji

May God grant you what you desire the most and may all your dreams come true.

Oh, by the way, I’ll be having a baby shower in a few weeks and I will definitely love for some of you amazing, loyal female readers to come celebrate with me. Will communicate when the time comes.

Plenty kisses and God bless

Linda

About author

17 Comments

1. igbobuenyi 21st May 2018 at 12:58 pm

I am happy for your workaholic lady. Ada Di Igbo Mma

2. rio peter 21st May 2018 at 4:36 pm

congrats

3. charles 21st May 2018 at 5:32 pm

Joy of motherhood.
    Celebrate & pray with you.
    Sis., let those high hills not touch your feet till we sing ‘ He has done for me…’

4. Mercy 21st May 2018 at 7:01 pm

Congratulations my sister, the God who started this good work in you, will perfect it in Jesus Name.

5. Honeygrace 21st May 2018 at 10:07 pm

Congratulations lin lin,My heart is full of joy……God bless and see you through child birth in Jesus Name

• toni 23rd May 2018 at 8:55 am

Which good work? Did God say you should fornicate?

• toni 24th May 2018 at 9:29 am

Which ‘good work’ Grace? Did God say she should fornicate? The msg is simple, if she is not legally married she is a fornicator.

6. James 22nd May 2018 at 8:28 am

This is a disgrace for woman hood. Is she advertising & encouraging getting pregnant out of wedlock. Is she telling the youth who look up to her to emulate her illicit affairs? Is promoting single parenting. Please she’s a disgrace. She should apologized to Nigerians & the world for such devilish act, thereby legalising premarital sex. Our children are watching, reading & learning from good mentor’s but she has demoralised them with her silly social/blogging display of immaturity. I stand to be corrected.

• Emmanuel 22nd May 2018 at 10:47 am

Good point James. But I think you may be speaking without all the facts.
      If she concealed very well the fact of her pregnancy this long; could she not also have concealed her private life (marriage)finely too?
      Also note that there are developments these days that allow women to be pregnant without premarital sex, i.e. artificial insemination, surrogate pregnancy etc.
      While it’s ok to wave the moral stick too quickly at this lady that prides in meddling into other people’s private affairs; it may be most appropriate to do so with facts to back your actions. Until now, all that is going around about the paternity of the child is hear-say.
      I’m only trying to see through a different and dispassionate set of lenses.
      Thank you.

7. Ugo Uju 22nd May 2018 at 10:56 am

A young Lady gets pregnant out of wedlock and Sings for Joy as if she has made a great achievement…. I wonder where our sense of Decency and Dignity has gone too…

Linda should be sober and repentant because having a Child outside Marriage is not God’s plan for her..

8. Joseph Omale 22nd May 2018 at 11:40 am

@james, the way you are seeing it is not the way she sees it. She is happy for what God has done for her. Perhaps you don’t know how long she has been praying to get pregnant.

• toni 23rd May 2018 at 8:51 am

Your absolutely correct. This is a bad example to younger women out there It should be condemned.

9. Ugonma Madubuike 22nd May 2018 at 3:21 pm

Nowadays, Getting Pregnant(out of wedlock) For Some People Is What’s Invogue…….Hope You’ll Still Have Your Second Child After This. Lord Have Mercy!

10. toni 23rd May 2018 at 8:46 am

In all the long story no mention was made of the father of the baby or the man responsible for the pregnancy. Was it by ‘divine’ encounter? Don’t tell me you paid one boy to get you pregnant. That is fornication (another name for prostitution). If that was what happened, you are not being a good example to younger women. Pls hide your face in shame otherwise let us know who the father of the baby (who you already know his sex) is. In that way his friend will not call him a bastard when he offends them. If you have no husband and you are pregnant your kinsmen (Igbos) have one name for such pregnancy – ime okwa ie a pregnancy gotten out of wedlock. When the chips are down he will not have claim in his mother’s family, Traditionally, your father cannot mention his name when he is discussing his (your father) children among his kinsmen. And I know your status in the society today, by the grace of God, may be dwarfed by such circumstance. Is it that you are not beautiful enough or that men refused to come or that you felt that you have become too big to be under a man? Pls have a rethink and in the same way you are very happy talking about the baby, also be proud (or bold?) to talk about your husband (or the father of the baby?). I am one of your fans.I will like my daughters to emulate you but not in this manner. No! No!! No!!!

11. Dr Samuel Chukwuedo 23rd May 2018 at 12:27 pm

See nothing wrong with being pregnant out of wedlock as long as the ‘culprit’ is identifiable. This is necessary to depopulate community of bastards.

12. Nobleman 23rd May 2018 at 1:47 pm

May God be praised who gives life. Some have been aborting and others sponsoring abortion, yet condemns another because talk is free. Give this life to the world my dear Sister.

13. Kunvala Kaka 25th May 2018 at 8:24 am