The Sun News

Overdose: Adeleke’s nurse opens up

Alfred Aderibigbe, the nurse who administered drugs on late Senator Isiaka Adeleke, who died in Osogbo, last month, has admitted treating the late lawmaker few hours before his death.
Aderibigbe, has, however, insisted he did not administer any drug overdose on Adeleke.
He was led in evidence by his counsel, Lekan Alabi, at the ongoing sitting of the  coroner inquest ordered by Governor Rauf Aregbesola, to determine the sudden death of the first civilian governor of Osun State.
Aderibigbe admitted he administered the drugs on the deceased, in consonance with the prescription given by his (Adeleke) doctor.
A  chief nursing officer at a Comprehensive Health Centre in Edunabon, Ife North Local Government Area of Osun State, Aderibigbe also denied administering overdose on the deceased, but admitted administering already-prescribed drugs on the late senator, as a part of efforts to treat gout, arthritis, an ailment he claimed the late Adeleke lived with.
He also denied administering all the empty ampules of injections found in the late politician’s room.
Aderibigbe also claimed he did not know any of the deceased’s doctors who  prescribed the drugs for him, and added that he only administered drugs whenever he (Adeleke) invited him to do so.
The nurse equally admitted that he gave the late politician some drugs that he (the deceased) had already kept with him.
“Few hours to the death of the late Senator Isiaka Adeleke, on April 23, 2017, I was sleeping inside my house. At around past 4:00am, I heard some people banging my gate, shouting, but, when I opened the gate,  I saw his campaign vehicle with some of his aides, who said the deceased had been calling my phone for crucial medical treatment,” Aderibigbe said.
“They said they had called me earlier. And when I picked my phone and checked, I truly saw about 16 missed calls.
“Out of these missed calls, I noticed that Senator Adeleke had called alongside his friend, Dipo Faborode.
“But immediately I called back, it was his friend Faborode who was with him that first picked it, but later gave the deceased the phone.
“It was then he (Adeleke) told me that the gout was disturbing him. He said I should bring along his injections which he kept in my custody.
“But when I got there, I saw him in pains. He told me that he had been calling me and later asked for his injections which I had already brought for him.
“When I brought it out, he asked if I brought intravenous fluid apart from the injections. Though I didn’t take this along, I went home immediately and  brought it.
“I saw some oral drugs which I thought he had taken before I arrived there.  He started calling the drugs one by one in the presence of his friend, Dipo…”


About author

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


May 2018
« Apr    


Take advantage of our impressive statistics, advertise your brands and products on this site. Get in touch. For print/online adverts inquires: 09070051404


Online Editor: Aderonke Bello
Telephone: 08189015120
Email:  [email protected]