– The Sun News

Kebbi commences airlift of 4,900 pilgrims to Saudi Arabia

Governor Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi State, on Saturday, advised prospective pilgrims for the 2017 Hajj to shun acts that would tarnish the image of the country in Saudi Arabia.

Bagudu gave the advice in Birnin-Kebbi in a farewell address to the pilgrims scheduled to be airlifted to Saudi Arabia on Saturday night from the Sir Ahmadu Bello International Airport, Birnin-Kebbi.

About 4,900 pilgrims from the state would join other Muslims from parts of the country for the annual event in Saudi Arabia.

The governor warned them to be security conscious, avoid fraudulent persons and to preserve their travel documents and valuables both within and outside the country.

He told them to always wear their tracker bands to enable security personnel assist them while in Saudi Arabia.

He appealed to the pilgrims to offer specially prayers for the quick recovery of President Muhammadu Buhari and for sustained peace and unity in the country.

Prospective pilgrims from Fakai, Danko/Wasagu, Bunza, Yauri and Arewa local government areas formed first batch to be airlifted to Saudi Arabia.

Alhaji Musa Sakaba, Chairman of the Pilgrims Welfare Agency, told the governor that arrangements had been concluded for the airlift of pilgrims by Max Airline. (NAN)

Share

About author

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archive

July 2018
S M T W T F S
« Jun    
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Enquiries

Take advantage of our impressive statistics, advertise your brands and products on this site. Get in touch. For print/online adverts inquires: 09070051404

EDITOR

Online Editor: Aderonke Bello
Telephone: 08189015120
Email:  [email protected]

Share