The Sun News
Lotto advert

Driver, 30, docked in Ogun over alleged manslaughter

A 30-year-old driver, Hafeez Malomo, was on Monday docked at the Ota Magistrates’ Court in Ogun for allegedly driving in a reckless manner that resulted in the death of a man.

Malomo, whose address was unknown as at the time of this report, had been slammed with two-count charge of restless driving and manslaughter.

The Prosecutor, Sgt. Chudu Gbesi, told the court that the accused committed the offences on June 22 at about 7.00 a.m. at Gateway Hotel, Ota.

Gbesi said that the accused, being in charge of a Dyana Pick-up van with registration number APP 862 XN, drove the vehicle in a restless manner which resulted in the death of one 43-year-old Gafar Akande.

He said that the offences contravened Sections 5(10) (1) and 6(1) of the Federal Highway Act, Cap. 135, Laws of Federation, 2006.

The Senior Magistrate, Mr S. O. Banwo, granted bail to the accused in the sum of N1 million, with two sureties in like sum.

He said that the sureties, who must reside within the court’s jurisdiction, would swear to an affidavit of means.

Banwo also ordered that they submit four recent passport photographs to the court and show evidence of tax payment from the Ogun Government.

The case was adjourned until Aug. 23, for hearing.

Source: NAN

Share

About author

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archive

August 2017
M T W T F S S
« Jul    
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Enquiries

Take advantage of our impressive statistics, advertise your brands and products on this site. Call Uche on +234-805-633-4351
Editor, Online: Ikenna Emewu
Share